Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yugioh Nationals Upkeep

I like to think of myself as an avid competitive Yu-gi-oh player, and next week is Yugioh Championship Series Philadelphia, so I'm currently getting ready for that.

Now you may think I'm a nobody, but i have some big shoes to fill.

This past summer was the 2010 Yugioh U.S National Qualifier Series for Worlds.  I came in top 32 of a field of around 1500 people, and won around 700$ in prizes.  My deck-list was posted online on various websites, (bitchen), lol:


Michael Schultz (Top 32 – X-Sabers)

Monsters: 20
2 X-Saber Airbellum
1 X-Saber Pashuul
3 XX-Saber Darksoul
1 Sangan
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
3 XX-Saber Faultroll
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 XX-Saber Boggart Knight
1 Rescue Cat
2 XX-Saber Fulhelmknight
2 XX-Saber Emmersblade
1 D.D. Crow

Spells: 9
1 Mind Control
1 Gold Sarcophagus
1 My Body as a Shield
2 Book of Moon
1 Cold Wave
1 Brain Control
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps: 11
1 Call of the Haunted
2 Gottoms’ Emergency Call
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Dust Tornado
1 Mirror Force
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Royal Oppression

Side Deck: 15
2 Consecrated Light
2 Hero’s Rule 2
1 Starlight Road
1 Mind Crush
2 Mask of Restrict
1 Crevice into the Different Dimension
2 Divine Wrath
1 Swallow Flip
1 D.D. Crow
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Cyber Dragon

Extra Deck: 15
1 X-Saber Urbellum
2 XX-Saber Hyunlei
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Armory Arm
1 X-Saber Wayne
1 Stardust Dragon
1 XX-Saber Gottoms
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Mist Wurm
1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter

this was the deck I used to top this tournament, however since September, several cards have become banned, so I made a new deck to try my hand in: I'll finish uploading that one tomorrow.  

Any of you guys follow any card games competitively? It can be a lot of fun :) Travel the country/meet new people/ play a common interest game! :D

2 comments: